When we were looking for migratory birds a few months back on the shores of the reservoir of Veer dam, we spotted this Green Bee-eater. Although Green Bee-eater is a native and commonly found bird, it is no less beautiful than the migratory birds we were looking for. Look at the colors and finish. Doesn't it look like from paradise?
• The scientific name of Green Bee-eater is Merops orientalis
• As the name suggests, Green Bee-eater relates to the bee-eater family of birds
• It is found in almost all parts of Asia, some parts of middle-east, some parts of Egypt, northern Africa and many surrounding locations
• Green Bee-eater has many sub-species also with variations in plumage, size, etc.
• Green Bee-eaters are found in forests, grasslands and thin scrubs, usually away from waterbodies
Isn't is beautiful?