Hawa Mahal is a famous palace in Jaipur. The words "Hawa Mahal" mean "Wind Palace".
It is designed in a way that the rooms of the palace always have adequate wind flowing inside and through. It is inspirational to know that the people of the old times had such a thought and that they actually developed such a palace! The queens of Jaipur were residing in Hawa Mahal. And as the queens were residing, the design of Hawa Mahal had to integrate a crucial aspect — the queens were able to see what was happening outside, but the people outside were not able to see the queens. What a great mind the designer had, don't you think so?
I was able to photograph the beautiful Hawa Mahal in the evening. I hope you like these photos :)
Some facts about Hawa Mahal…
• Hawa Mahal was built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh.
• Built in 1799, Hawa Mahal was designed by Lal Chand Usta.
• The design of Hawa Mahal was inspired by the crown of Lord Krishna.
• Hawa Mahal's design resembles to honeycomb of a beehive also.
• There are 953 windows in Hawa Mahal, which are called Jharokhas.
• Hawa Mahal has a blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture.
• The building material of Hawa Mahal are red and pink sandstone.
• The geological coordinates of Hawa Mahal are 26.923873, 75.82688.
The location of Hawa Mahal is in the following map…
View Larger Map